Here are the steps I used to create a local web-based Apple II disc server. This method uses the c2t tool for converting .dsk disk images to .wav audio files suitable for playback into the tape in jack of the Apple II. The Apple Disc Server site does this with preexisting disk images already converted to .wav files. I thought it would be nice to create a web-based service that would allow you to convert .dsk images to .wav files on the fly. This enables you to browse Apple II software with your iPad and instantly convert it to a disk.
- Enable Apache server on your Mac
- Create a directory (default is “c2t”) for the new service in /Library/WebServer/Documents
- Create a new temporary directory (default is “tmp”) inside this new directory
- Change ownership and permissions
sudo chown www:www /Library/WebServer/Documents/c2t/tmp
sudo chmod g+w /Library/WebServer/Documents/c2t/tmp
- Download c2t and wget and install in your path