BASIC week at Reddit /r/retrobattlestations is over but you can relive the fun on your Apple // without any typing! Simply follow these steps to download the disk image to a new disk for your machine.
- Connect your laptop, tablet or phone’s headphone jack to the tape input jack on the back of your Apple // using a 1/8″ mini headphone cable.
- Turn the volume up to maximum.
- Turn on your machine and hold control and hit reset to get to a ] prompt.
- Insert a blank disk into drive 1 (it will be erased!).
- Turn on caps lock and type LOAD and hit return.
- Begin playing the .WAV file below on your device.
If all goes well, in about 2 minutes you should have a floppy that you can now boot from. When it’s finished, hit return to reboot your machine. ProDOS should load BASIC. Once it does, type LOAD REDDIT and then RUN.
Credit for creating the .WAV file from a .DSK image goes to C2T found at ASCII Express.